In my ongoing quest to bring back (the good parts) of the 1950’s and 1960’s, I am in the process of creating a nicely stocked and well styled bar cart.
I’ve been collecting pieces for years, and gathering inspiration from Pinterest. You can view my full Bar Cart board on Pinterest.
I yearn for that bygone era where grown folks got dressed up in their finest and gathered at cocktail parties.
I bought this versatile cart from the Container Store. It’s part of the line from The Home Edit (if you aren’t hip, you must check them out…their Insta stories are not to be missed @TheHomeEdit). I’ve used it for my son’s art supplies, a hot cocoa bar at Christmas, to display my record player/record collection, and now I’m in the process of transforming it into a bar cart.
I’ve been collecting pieces over the years for this moment, but a bar cart didn’t seem feasible with a baby/toddler in the house. Now that my son is getting older (and I’m yearning for the day when I can once again entertain), it’s time to put them to good use.
Here are some items (links below) that I’ve collected over the years and items that are inspiring, as I curate my own bar cart.
- Wayfair | Helder Cane Serving Tray
- Wayfair | Old Fashioned Straw Dispenser
- CB2 | Eve Coupe Cocktail Glass
- Janet Hill Studio | “Champagne Shack” Print
- Front Gate | Chez Elle Pastel Decanter Tags
- Wayfair | Treble Serving Bar Cart
- Etsy | Lady Head Vase (for storing swizzle sticks)
- Tiffany & Co. | Bone China Paper Cups (10 oz. and 3.6 oz)
- West Elm | Claudia Pearson Tea Towel
- Amazon | Paper Straws
- Williams Sonoma | Gold Pineapple Cocktail Shaker (mine was from Target)
- Tiffany & Co. | T&Co. Envelope Bottle Opener
- Container Store | iDesign Linus Fridge Bins Wine Holder
- Target | Stainless Steel Cocktail Stirrer Spoon
- Emily McCarthy | CC Pink Pinstripe Acrylic Stir Sticks
- Emily McCarthy | Bamboo Cocktail Napkin Tray
- Homegoods | Cocktail Napkins (in store)
- Emily McCarthy | Ice Bucket Spot Cheetah
Stay tuned for part II of this post, Boudoir Bar Cart – Adult Beverages and also the reveal once I’m finished with my project!
I’d love to see pictures of your bar carts. Tell me in the comments what is your bar cart must have.